Friday, March 11, 2011

Smooth Sailing on Day 2

Maybe it was because I was super busy at work. Maybe it was because I realized I've gone 1 week without Facebook before (Jamaican Honeymoon last June, you wouldn't have been on Facebook either!). Maybe it was because Facebook's novelty is just wearing off for me.

Ok, it may have been smooth sailing but I think I thought about Facebook more than my dogs and husband (sorry!). Like I mentioned above, I avoided Facebook while I was in Jamaica. Though I don't think that counts. C'mon. It was Jamaica. It was my honeymoon. Definitely didn't care about Facebook.

Yesterday felt like Facebook and I broke up. I think we've all been in a relationship where you could sense and end was coming. The words, "I think we should see other people," are held off until the very last bearable moment. Even though you saw the breakup coming, the days that follow you still find yourself thinking about the now-ex. You still find yourself wanting to pick up the phone and call or text. There's a feeling that keeps pulling at your heart strings that makes you long to just have some sort of contact with the person.

But you fight through it. Little by little it starts getting easier.  "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans pops into my head.

I know in 30-something days I will see Facebook again. I am longing for it's "Top News" and "Recent News," it's mobile uploading, it's link posting, it's feeling of belonging.

Facebook we will meet again. I miss you. I am not the changed person I hoped to become... yet.

But then I ponder: Will Facebook's absence in my life for 40 days change me? Or will I pick up right where I left off?

No comments:

Post a Comment