Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Used To Dig Each Other

It's official, I think.

It's official that the urge to Facebook is subsiding. I won't lie, I'd like to tell the Facebook world of the compliments my work received at the SWANA convention, or how the bosses like all three Open House postcards so much they had a hard time deciding. But who would have commented on that status update? My husband for sure. My best friends. That's it.

It makes me wonder if all the times we post to Facebook subconsciously (or consciously) looking for recognition that isn't given results in a feeling of failure or low esteem for the accomplishment we posted about.

I used to dig Facebook. I used to love everything little thing about it. I used to revolve around checking frequently so i wouldn't miss anything.

After these 40 days (and nights), will i go back to Facebook? Yes. But will I view and use it differently than I have in the past? I believe so.

Facebook used to love my frequent encounters with it. Sorry Facebook, I'm beginning to view you differently.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment