Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A World Without Facebook... for a weekend.

Just like everyone says on a cold, Monday morning: the weekend went by too fast.

But I somehow managed to survive the weekend without one single thought about Facebook! Our separation has gone from wants and desires of clicking that infamous icon to "I can do this life without you!"

I kept myself busy. And I will refer back to my previous post about comparing giving up Facebook as a relationship breakup: It seems when people break up, they make every effort they can (or their friends can) to distract from missing someone. In my case, something. Although I kept myself very busy, I deny this had anything to do with avoiding temptation to log into Facebook.

My weekend was well spent meeting with the Twirling Troupe's director to go over plans for the next few weeks, shopping with the sister-in-law, practicing the twirling and grading desktop publishing assignments.

I can happily tell you Facebook did not haunt me everywhere I went. It did not haunt me anywhere I went.

I spent my weekend in a world where Facebook didn't exist; I spent it in a world with people closest to my heart. My Facebook App sat neatly on my dashboard with a dwindling shimmer and awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment